ePlatform is a library lending system designed to make the borrowing and reading of eBooks as well as the listening of Audiobooks simple and enjoyable. The setup is simple to complete and the eBook reading process an enjoyable and seamless one.
Through ePlatform your library users are able to browse for, borrow and read eBooks and Audiobooks anywhere, anytime, on multiple devices. As the library administrator, you have full control over the process.
See below for information on what you’ll need to borrow eBooks or Audiobooks and what devices you can borrow on, and for answers to common queries read our frequently asked questions.
What do you need to borrow eBooks?
- A valid library card/login or student username & password
- Internet access
- A compatible device to read an eBook on or listen to an Audiobook (a computer, tablet or smartphone) within a modern web browser (eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari etc.)
How do you read eBooks or listen to Audiobooks?
The simplest way to read eBooks or listen to Audiobooks is to access the free ePlatform app. Through this app your library users can easily find your library, then access all your titles and read or listen to them via their browser – even if offline, all via their tablet or smartphone.
The app can be accessed on an iPad, iPhone, Galaxy and most other devices. Using it is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Download the ePlatform app from the Apple, Google Play or Windows app stores.
- Look for your library and log in - you’ll only need to do this once.
- Search for, borrow and read or listen to any book you want!
For more information on the app and where to download it from read our app information.
Both the ePlatform app and website allow eBooks to be read via your browser. This means users can read either online or offline, and have access to a full range of display settings so they can customize their reading experience to match their preferences. For more on this see our browser reader information.
Alternatively, users can also choose to download eBooks; some titles, for example those in PDF format, can only be read this way. To read a downloaded title users will also need free reader software and an Adobe ID for reading DRM-protected eBooks. For more information on Bluefire Reader software or DL Reader and Adobe IDs see our download eBooks page.
Audiobooks can be accessed just like the eBooks, but for offline listening, you will have to download the title first. To download an Audiobook you only need the ePlatform app - no extra software is acquired. After that you can listen to your Audiobook anywhere and anytime.
What devices can you use ePlatform on?
- Apple devices (eg. iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (requires iOS7 or higher))
Download the app from Apple App Store.
- Android devices (eg. Galaxy Tab, Galaxy S, Galaxy Note, HTC devices)
Download the app from Google Play.
- Windows tablets (NOT Windows phones)
Download the app from Windows store.
- Desktop or laptop (PC or Mac)
Read via your browser or download reader software and create an Adobe ID. See our guide to setting this up.
- Kobo eReader, Sony eReader or Nook eReader
Download Adobe Digital Editions and create an Adobe ID. See our guide to setting this up.
For more information on the ePlatform app and how to access ePlatform from a range of different devices, read our Apps page.